In brief, because it may potentially lead to:
- Compromised testosterone level
- Smaller testicles
- Compromised female reproductive system
- 70 % decrease in natural killer cells in one night
- Overactive gene related to tumor-growth
- Under active genes related to immunity
- Compromised learning, retention and memory
- Decreased psychological well-being
- Serious mental health disorders
- And many more unfavorable consequences.
If you are interested in knowing what the lack of sleep does to our body and brain, kindly invest around 10 minutes of time listening to Dr. Matt Walker, a neuroscientist who is sounding alarm the way we perceive the value of sleep.