THE HEALTH Q
International Standard Serial Number [ISSN] 1715 6165 |
- HOW ARE YOUR RELATIONSHIPS? Do you spend the same effort in investing in relationships as you do in your investment portfolios?
- DAILY MUSES: Pondering over some of the most inalienable truths of life…and allowing them to express in your life!!
HOW ARE YOUR RELATIONSHIPS?
Relationships are a key to our healthy existence. But they are also the one that gets thrown on to the back burner while attending to more important chapters of our daily living. We tend to ignore the fact that the quality of our life and existence will essentially depend upon the quality of relationships we formed and nurtured during our life-time.
History is replete with events where most successful people died heart broken because they could not form meaningful relationships with their peers and families (think of suicide-committing stars, filthy rich people and enormously popular persons living lonely and medicated lives). We should be aware that business of life is different than life of a business. They are in fact, poles apart: what works in business may sometimes tear apart the families.
Research has shown that people having meaningful relationships with others are more likely to be mentally and physically healthy and tends to live a relatively happy life. Though success, money and meaningful work are important to our life, yet it will feel hollow if you have not nurtured good relationship with yourself and your peers.
Suggestion: Try to be straightforward, honest and cordial in your relationships with others and invest in them as much as you would like to invest in your business portfolio and occupation. Deception and cunningness may work for shorter durations, but a good heart and honest relationship will make you happy in the long run.
- Old age will come upon me someday and I can not avoid it.
- Disease can come upon me someday and I can not avoid it.
- Death can come upon me someday and I can not avoid it.
- All things that I hold dear are subject to change and decay and separation, and I can not avoid it.
- I am outcome of my own deeds and whatever be my deeds, good or bad, I shall be heir to them.
Buddha, Anguttara Nikyaya.
By contemplating old age, the pride of youth can be curbed or at least reduced; by contemplating disease the pride of health can be curbed, or at least reduced; by contemplating death the pride of life can be curbed, or at least be reduced; and by contemplating that one is result of one’s own deeds, the evil propensities of thought, word and deed are curbed, or at least reduced.
One who contemplates these things can curb, or at least reduce his pride and passion and thus be able to tread the path of Nirvana (liberation or enlightenment).
Suggestion: Think about the above-mentioned five muses everyday and you shall feel peaceful and content. Not only this imparts a renewed direction to our life, but also reminds us of the important things or activities we might have forgotten as we got swept into daily hustle and bustle of life. [TheHQ]