In this month’s edition of The Health Q newsletter, Parmjit Singh, PhD, offers some tips for finding emotional balance during stressful times at work:
* Develop a noncomparative awareness.
* Define your personal success.
* Cultivate deep social and personal relationships.
* Try to be true to yourself. It might not be too beneficial in the short term but will stand you in good stead in the long run.
* Align your current work goals with the future purpose.
* Intuit solutions.
* Create a personal ritual to immunize against stress.
* Form alliances, support and laughter circles.
* Assert control on the situation.
* Become emotionally aware and maintain balance by closely monitoring your emotions. See how much you invest or drain every day. For instance, praying or meditating are investments and anger or jealousy are drainage.
* Limit the tendency to do multi-tasking. It does not work . Do one thing at a time.
* Limit junk food, excessive sugar, salt and white flour. They mess up our digestive system, thereby adding to emotional woes.
* Do not feign sincerity, affections and work ethics.
* Do not compare yourself with others; it is the biggest mistake you can make. Remember, you are not them. Pay attention to your own uniqueness.
For more information or to subscribe to The Health Q newsletter, e-mail info@TheHQ.ca or check website, TheHQ.ca.
Link to the source-The Hamilton Spectator