Please join me in a six week Introduction to Mindfulness Practice program starting on October 3, 2014. In this program, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Cultivate a set of mindfulness-based self-care and self-regulation skills to help you in your daily as well as in professional life
- Reduce stress and sufferings associated with hectic life style
- Learn to manage your thoughts and emotions in a way which is wholesome and restorative
- Learn about yourself in the spirit of non-judgmental self-observation and understanding
- Explore and nurture your capacity to be present, awake and aware of self, others and the world around.
- Experience, first-hand, the healing potential of intentionally paying attention
- Learn and practice in a good and supportive community and enjoy home-made vegetarian snacks and Chai Tea each week
Excerpts of feedback from participants of last Intro to Mindfulness Practice course:
Participating in mindfulness has helped me become aware of how my body reacts to stresses physically and emotionally. Although I still need practice, I think this awareness has helped me calm down faster in stressful situations. I sometimes have difficulty sleeping because I have so many things on my mind so the breathing and counting exercises have helped. I also like learning about self-compassion and non-judgment. I think I am more aware of how important it is.—Melissa K.
The feeling of calmness or peace lasts in home ways throughout the day like the chime which keeps on ringing.—James L.
Aware of anger and much less quick to blame. Handles pressure easier. —Stephen B.
For Old Participants: If you have already taken this course but would like to continue improving your skills in like-minded community, you would enjoy the welcoming ambiance both from the facilitator as well as from new participants.
When: Starts October 3 and Ends November 7.
Full Class Schedule: October 3, October 10, October 17, October 24, October 31, & November 7
Time: 6-8 pm
Where: Wellwood, 501 Sanatorium Rd, Hamilton, ON L9C 0C3
Free Parking is available. Location is beautiful, centrally located in Hamilton and bus-accessible as well.
Cost: $ 195 for the full course (including home-made vegetarian snack and Chai Tea each week, supportive material and mp3 audio instructions for guided practice)
NEW: A home-made vegetarian snack and home-made chai tea, and their recipes, will be offered each week to complement your presence and practice in a good company.
Instructor: Dr. Parmjit Singh
Please fill out the Fall_2014_Registration_Form and send it along with the cheque to enroll in this opportunity. Please note that this is a limited enrollment opportunity. Please resister early to secure your spot. (Registration is now closed. Please check back for next session). If you have financial concerns, please talk to me about accommodation that may be available to you.